Thank you for your interest in working at AUMC! The following position is currently open:
Director of Christian Education for Children
Position Description: AUMC has identified Children ministry as a critical ministry for our church. We would like a vibrant Children’s Ministries programs to attract, retain, and serve families. The Director of Children’s Ministries will be an enthusiastic Christian with a passion for working with children and families and a strong ability to recruit, direct, and delegate a corps of volunteers. This person will have the organizational and communication skills,
education, and experience required to work successfully with church leadership, church staff, and church members.
Furthermore, s/he will be able to develop, implement, and oversee creative programs for children and families in support of the ministry of AUMC.
This is a full time position that includes regular Sunday morning responsibilities.
- Plan and implement Sunday School and family events and activities
- Ensure program continuity through collaboration and alignment with other ministries, including intergenerational programming
- Communicate key information about Children’s Ministries internally and externally
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and nursery workers
- Facilitate budget planning and management of Children’s Ministries financial accounts
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings connected to Children’s Ministries
- Supervise the Nursery and Childcare Coordinator
Educational and/or Work Experience:
- College graduate with a minimum of 2 years experience in Children’s Ministries
- Leadership qualities in administration and program coordination
- Knowledge of Godly Play preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact the business administrator, Garry Bell, at email@example.com or 703-256-8330
if you are interested in applying for this position.